IBAWSIP 8/21

I feel like this I'm gonna be saying "It's been a while since I've posted" in the future too, so I'm just gonna abbreviate that to IBAWSIP from now on. It's been over 2 weeks, and man I've not done much. The main progress I have to talk about is the following. I've mostly recorded the instrumentals for my second track for my cover EP, and I've started working on my third track as well.

Throughout this process I wanted to sort of "widen" my sound, and I came across some tutorials to create a fake stereo effect which was neat. I'll link the YouTube tutorial here. It makes total sense though that a phase offset between your two ears would make a sound feel like it was coming from one side or another. I plan on employing this effect on some of my tracks and seeing how it feels.

This process has also given me a great deal of respect for music artists. This process of recording and wanting each take to sound right makes it difficult to decide if what you've done is "good enough". On top of that, I'm not even recording drums or bass, and I didn't even write these songs!

As promised last time I posted though, I'm supposed to set some deadlines for myself and when I finish up this cover EP.

  • 8/26 - Finish Track 3 Instrumentals
  • (Labor Day Weekend)
  • 9/16 - Finish Track 4 Instrumentals
  • 9/29 - Finish Vocals
  • 10/7 - Finish Mixing
  • 10/12 - EP Release?
I feel like this endeavor is using up a bit of my free time, but I should definitely be spending some time on my RC car project as well, and I hope my next post will involve that. Labor Day weekend is next weekend so we'll see how far I get with stuff by the end of this weekend.

Comments